2.08.2010

Baby's First Road Trip...



Last weekend we decided to be brave and embark on our first road trip with child. Amazingly it was overall an astounding success! Carver likes to ride in the car which is a huge perk since we tend to make a lot of road trips to visit friends and family. This particular trip was scheduled so that Daniel could do his camp show in Nashville and we could finally visit Megan and Richie, see their "new" home, and introduce Carver to his "aunt" and "uncle."

Carver slept the ENTIRE way to Nashville on Friday afternoon, about a 5 hour drive. We were very proud parents :) Megan and Richie have a beautiful home and were fabulous hosts as usual. Friday night we went to dinner at Outback and headed to bed early-ish. The hardest part of our day was loading and unloading Daniel's truck which held half our home in it. I assured Megan we weren't actually moving in with her, even though it appeared that way. Babies require an incredible amount of stuff, even for a 48 hour trip.

On Saturday Daniel went to do his show and Megan, Carver, and I spent the day around Nashville. Megan made some GREAT chocolate scones for breakfast which I am now obsessed with. Not great for my diet. We ate lunch at a really good Mexican restaurant and Carver slept the entire time! Then we headed to the mall to see Daniel. It was Carver's first trip to the mall and the first time seeing his daddy working. He even helped out a little :)

Saturday night we went out to dinner and again Carver did so well. He far exceeded any expectations we might have had when traveling with a 7 week old. We had so much fun spending time with Megan and Richie. Carver was loved on and cuddled by his aunt Megan and even Richie took a turn holding him. I love it that Megan is totally at ease with Carver, even when he cries or spits up or pees on her rug (really sorry about that). She never once got overwhelmed or wanted to hand him back over when he cried or fussed. We can't wait to go back for another visit :)
Side note: BIG thanks to Rebecca for keeping ALL the dogs this weekend. Though I hate traveling without the girls I am so very grateful to have such a great place to leave them when we need to. The girls love Rebecca and Lily and I can go out of town and know that they are safe and being loved on while I am away :)

1 comment:

  1. It was our pleasure! He really is just totally awesome!!! As are you :-) And if you want the recipe for the scones, let me know... I'm convinced they'd be good as orange cranberry as well, but haven't tried that well... I need to stay away from them too :-)

    ReplyDelete