11.03.2009

3-D Ultrasound

This afternoon we were able to actually "see" Carver when we went to have a 3-D ultrasound. The process was really fun, though even with modern technology babies in utero still look a little...funny. Still, he's precious to me. He cooperated rather well though it did take a little effort to get a good shot. Notice his very chubby cheeks. This probably relates to my measuring a little "big" for this point in the pregnancy. Chances are good that we have a chubby baby :) Another ultrasound is scheduled for next week to determine just how chubby the little one is.
We also were given clear visual evidence that the baby is indeed a boy. Carver seems to have all appropriate boy parts, so there should be no surprises come December.

And, of course I noticed that it looks like he only has two fingers...the ultrasound tech is fairly sure that this is due to the angle, not a lack of fingers.

All in all it was a really fun experience. I'm looking forward to the ultrasound next week which is a "diagnostic" one whereas this one was not. But, all in all I feel like Carver is doing well and that is all that matters.

On a side note, Carver has turned and is now in the correct position. Hopefully this won't ruin all my chances of an insurance covered C-section... I guess I should start mentally preparing for the whole labor thing...

1 comment:

  1. I think he looks like Daniel... (Just kidding... I had to say that because I always think it's funny when people say who the baby looks like from an ultrasound)

    Glad he is turned... even if it means no C-section... for all you know, he huge, and they'll have to do one anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete