Woke up late that day and rushed the boys to get themselves dressed. So, with boys this age, the method that works best is to make it a competition. "Let's see who can get dressed first!" And this seemed to do the trick.
Except...I laid out their clothes for the day in the wrong spot. Which resulted in Carver putting on Carson's clothes, and never even noticing.
And, in my defense, it really was funny. So I laughed a little (or maybe a lot), then forced Carver to let me take a picture. And he cried and I felt really terrible.
#momfail
That night I planned for the boys to open Christmas pajamas and start our 24-days of books. I carefully wrapped the pajamas and each of the books. I numbered the books to adequately disperse new and old, and the Jesus centered with the (less important) Santa books.
1) Opening pajamas is no fun. Toys are fun. NOT pajamas.
#momfail
![]() |
| Running away with the no-fun pajamas. Crying. |
2) Only one kid got to open a book each night. I decided that Carver, as the oldest, would start. (Because, the big kid in the family too often has to acquiesce to the little kid). This did not go over well with Carson.
#momfail
Eventually, things settled down, as they always do. The boys opened the book, posed for pictures and helped make Christmas cookies.
![]() |
| This is the boys' tree, the one we all of their ornaments on (like the ones they make at home or school). They decorate this tree (mostly) by themselves and this is where the daily books were placed. |
The day definitely did not go as I had hoped. And I was disappointed, but this is real life. And I'll take it all, the days that are perfect, the days that are messy, and every single day in between. These two make my life blessed every single day.







No comments:
Post a Comment