It has been a crazy, busy, beautiful, messy, blessed year.
1) Stats:
Weight: 20 lbs
Height: 28 in.
Apparently Cargy is small. Like 10th percentile small. And, I had NO idea. Which I think is the funniest part. I thought he was average sized. I'm kind of stressed about it because I worry about him staying short/small and how he will feel about that later in life. Though, all I personally care about is that he is healthy, and he is! Healthy, happy, and whole. We'll just have to see what changes happen in the months and years to come.
2) Teeth- 4 on top and 4 on bottom!
3) Favorite foods: waffles, crackers, muffins, pumpkin bread, cheese, blueberries, bananas, mango, black beans, mac & cheese, puffs, yogurt, yogurt melts, cereal bars...basically carbs.
4) Words: Dada, Mama, and ball.
5) Sleeping: He started sleeping through the night about 2 weeks ago! A few days before his first birthday. SO exciting!
6) No more breastfeeding. Hooray! He decided to go straight to a sippy cup-- he prefers the kind with straws.
7) He still loves to be held but he's starting to get a little more independent. He loves climbing the stairs, chasing large balls all over the house, playing outside, swinging, and taking baths.
8) Sibling relationship: the boys now play together some. Carver is starting to share occasionally (without being told to). They like to do whatever the other is doing. Carver is playing with cars? Carson wants to also. Carson is pushing a chair around the house? Carver has to do it too. They both get jealous when the other is being held. And, they even had their first fight (hitting and crying) in the cart at the grocery store the other day. It was SO funny. Carver was in the back of the cart hitting Carson, Carson was turned around hitting Carver. Both were crying. Ahh-- I see many, many more episodes like this in our future.
9) And, Cargy gets a cookie at the grocery store now. Part of being a second child, I guess. I would never have given Carver a cookie at 12 months old. Just trying to survive outings with both of them.
10) Carson smiles and laughs very easily. He also gets impatient and has recently started screaming to get our attention. That is a little annoying. But, in general, he is super pleasant and incredibly affectionate.
11) Naps: still taking 2 most days.
13) He never sits on his bottom-- only on his knees. And he now "walks" on his knees also. He'll take a few steps on his feet if we are holding his hands and he has been pulling up on things for at least 4 months now, but otherwise he is not showing any interest in walking on his own.
We had a small party for him on May 25th (his bday) but his BIG party is on June 29th. I think he had a good time at his first party though :)
| Perfect opportunity to try out 6 different cupcake flavors to see what we want to order for the big party! |
No comments:
Post a Comment