6.25.2012

Carson-- 1 Month

Carson Miles-- 1 Month Old

 Today Carson is one month old and, as expected, this first month has flown by in a blur of sleep deprivation. Having a second child is probably the most stressful thing I have ever experienced. Trying to meet the needs of both boys is such an overwhelming challenge. But the excitement of having this precious new boy far outweighs any negative emotion I might be having.

We are really tired and really overwhelmed, but really blessed.

Carson is a little more...difficult than I anticipated. I  was completely and utterly convinced that Carson would be an easy child-- everything that Carver wasn't. I was sure he would sleep all the time, never spit up, love his swing and pack n' play, and bouncy seat. This, however, is not the case.

Carson does sleep a lot, but only while being held. He eats extremely well, every two hours around the clock. He spits up all day long-- insane amounts for such a tiny body. He hates baths and has an ear piercing scream.

He also loves to cuddle and take naps with  me. He is very alert and watches everything very intently. He gets chubbier by the day.

We are starting to get into a routine, though certainly not a schedule of any sort. I am hoping to start working on that during this next month.

The last few weeks, though exhausting, have held the usual wonder that you feel when you have this new little family member. Each day is inherently exciting because babies change every single day. I love to watch him sleep, and hold him close and just cherish these tiny moments that will be gone far too soon.

Here are some pics from Carson's first month of life.














1 comment:

  1. Hooray for BOTH of these recent posts, I've been waiting for them - he is precious, and I know you are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete