3.24.2012

St. Patrick's Day

I think this is the first time I have ever even really thought much about St. Patrick's Day. It is another one of those random, non-holidays to me. Though I'm always looking for something fun to do with Carver, things to fill our days-- hence the St. Patrick's Day festivities.

Since the "holiday" fell on a Saturday, and Daniel actually had the weekend off, he was able to celebrate with us.

We started the morning with some rainbow pancakes and rainbow fruit salad.

And green milk, of course.


Do you see Lea?

Then Daniel and Carver did a little St. Patty's themed coloring.



In the afternoon we made green cupcakes with sprinkles.




For dinner Carver ate (predominantly) green foods.

And after dinner we did a little painting with a bell pepper. We cut it in half, and using green paint, we made "shamrock" imprints on the paper...sort of. He had fun, but he wanted to use his fingers and the paintbrush much more than the pepper.


All in all it was a fun family day. Carver had no idea why we were doing these specific things, but that is what is nice about 2 year olds-- the "why" didn't matter, he just had fun and went along with whatever we had planned.

We're getting plans in place for Easter festivities. I'm thinking about making the whole week leading up to Easter a celebration of the holiday. I mean, this actually is a BIG one!

And then in April, of course, there is Earth Day :)

A lot happening around these parts lately. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I think we should all start celebrating Purim too. I'm really sad we missed out on that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete