We went to MOPS twice, and church, of course. Carver is doing a great job at easily being left with the
childcare workers and playing with the other kids.
childcare workers and playing with the other kids.
Lea is adjusting to life without a best friend. I think she has struggled some-- she was very dependent on Delia, but she now goes almost everywhere with Carver and me. She has only been left alone twice this month, otherwise she rides along wherever we go.
Enjoying some black beans and rice... thank God for white shirts and bleach. And yes, he can use utensils, don't worry.
We've played outside a lot and enjoyed the mild winter. I love watching Carver get so absorbed in whatever he is playing with. Covered in chalk or dirt or whatever. This, to me, is exactly what 2 year-old boys should look like. He also loves his basketball hoop from Grandmama and Granddaddy. Sorry, no pictures of it. The ones I have show the disaster of our garage and are not fit for public viewing.
We found out that Carver will be getting a baby brother in a few months :)

Carver survived a pretty bad haircut (both the experience and the cut), of which he is solely to blame-- he was being ridiculous. We've tried to compensate for the poor cut by occasionally putting gel in his hair to create a messy-type look. It's pretty cute but tough to get a picture of...
I've been trying to decide which pair of these new TOMS ballet flats that I need first...which is not technically a "January" event since they just came out yesterday on Feb. 1st but.... whatever. Retail therapy.
I've been using Pinterest as a form of escapism and wishing that I was as thin, fashionable, creative, and motivated as all the people I read about. Maybe one day.

We have also been taking some walks lately, up to check the mail and then usually we walk around the neighborhood for a bit. Once a started letting Carver actually walk with me I can barely get him into his stroller anymore for the longer walks.

Daniel has updated his blog recently. Check it out and show him some love so he'll be encouraged to keep doing it :)
I've also been enjoying my new iPhone which enabled me to take about 99% of these pictures. A useful gadget.
Daniel has updated his blog recently. Check it out and show him some love so he'll be encouraged to keep doing it :)
I've also been enjoying my new iPhone which enabled me to take about 99% of these pictures. A useful gadget.
So, we'll see what February holds for us. I don't have high hopes for it, but a little bit of peace and rest would be welcome.
Since you now have an Iphone you should download (and play) Words With friends. Highly addictive in a totally different way than Pinterest
ReplyDeleteAre you tired of playing with me Megan???
ReplyDeleteLove the first pic of Carver. I do not approve of the messy food pics...but at least it isn't spaghetti. That makes me want to hit the parents.
Julia and I are debating what ballet flats we want (and if we want to spend that much!) Have you ordered any?