12.06.2011

'Tis the Season

Hooray! December has final arrived and with it the Christmas season. My favorite event of the year. Celebrating Jesus' birth, visiting with family, holiday traditions-- I love it all.

We are already starting to get into the Christmas spirit. The Christmas lights are up, the tree is half-naked thanks to Carver removing all ornaments he could reach, and the stockings are hung.


We're ready!

Helping Daddy with the Christmas lights. This child has no fear, but I have enough for the both of us.
When we made him get off the ladder...


Delia, Lea, and Winston's stockings

Here are some other things we've been doing recently to get in the spirit:

* Making a box filled with goodies for Operation Christmas Child. I think we'll make this a holiday tradition.

* Decorating cookies to take to the local soup kitchen. We did this with our friends from MOPS. Carver contributed by eating the cookies and then playing while I decorated all of the remaining cookies.



* Christmas parade in Cleveland and dinner at Creekside Deli.



* Eating a lot of mint M & Ms-- I wait all year for these :)

* Adding Christmas books to our bedtime story line-up.


* Christmas pajamas! We decided they should be worn for the whole month of December, not just Christmas Eve.



* Christmas shopping (not Carver's favorite activity).

* Caroling! (Coming up this Friday morning. I think it will be an absolute disaster trying to contain Carver at a nursing home but...we'll just have to see what happens).

We have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. We have a couple of Christmas parties with friends and camp, we are heading to Winston-Salem for Christmas with Daniel's family, and then my family is coming here for our second "camp Christmas."

I'm so excited. I just love this time of year.

1 comment: