One of the few reasons I love living outside of Florida is getting to really enjoy the changing of the seasons. Fall is my absolute favorite, with Spring coming in a close second. I love the relief of cooler temperatures after the blazing hot summer months, I love watching the leaves slowly change until there is a sudden burst and the whole world is painted in the most fabulous of colors, I love the crisp quality to the air-- I am convinced that the world looks more in focus, less hazy, in the Fall, I love Carver getting an entire new wardrobe at the beginning of each new season, I love chili in the crock pot and pumpkin muffins, and Fall decorations.
Hooray for Fall!!
A couple of weeks ago we were having incredible Fall days-- cool and sunny and perfect-- so mom and I decided to take Carver to
Burt's Pumpkin Farm in Dawsonville.
We had the
best day. Carver was great and had a good time. We wandered through rows and rows of pumpkins of every shape, color, and size, then we went on a short hay ride that Carver loved, and finished the day with lunch at the Porter House in Dahlonega.
All in all it was the perfect way to welcome the Fall.











Carver's favorite thing at the pumpkin farm.

It really was a great day. I had so much fun. Glad I got to experience some fall weather with you and Carver.
ReplyDeleteCute, cute. Wish we could have gone with...
ReplyDeleteCute! He is so tall and handsome. Your mom looks great - tell her retirement looks good on her :) can't wait to see his haircut!
ReplyDelete