Unfortunately, the hair was just getting a little too crazy and I had to give in and get his hair cut. Because it was a momentous occasion we tried to make a fun day out of it. Daniel took a morning off (already momentous), we headed out bright and early for breakfast at Stoney's, then down to Buford for Carver's hair cut at "Whata Cutie Cuts." I know, it's a silly name. But, it is a super kid friendly salon with a large play area filled with toys and these really cute airplanes and fire trucks, etc. for the kids to sit in while getting their hair cut.
Carver was definitely not a fan of the whole experience. He wasn't screaming or crying but he was pushing the stylist away, pulling off his cape, etc. The ladies who worked there were great-- handing out snacks, blowing bubbles, letting Carver hold 12 combs...
Yikes! Crazy hair after bath the night before the big day.
Heading in to the salon.
Playing while we wait.
Getting ready...
Over it...
No, his hair is not normally spiked like this.
Overall, I think he did great and the new look is super cute. I still mourn the loss of his curls, but it's hard to avoid the inevitable.
Cute, cute pictures! And you did a great job documenting an important "last" (last day with curls), as well as an important "first" (first haircut).
ReplyDeleteSuper cute. I think you should have gone with a mohawk but the spike would be a good 2nd. :) You should always spike it!
ReplyDeleteI like it spiked, but it's a little too long on top to do it. I might cut the top a little shorter so I can spike it a little.
ReplyDelete