In case you do not know, Daniel picked out my engagement ring and wedding band all by himself. He had an idea of what I liked, but he chose the stone and the setting and shopped around until he found the perfect ring. And I love it as much now as I did 6 years ago when we got engaged. It was made all the more perfect because he chose it himself and I was utterly surprised by the proposal, and overwhelmed by the ring.
Well, for the last 5 years or so I have been telling Daniel that "one day" I would love a second wedding band to add to my set. It was always one of those things that I knew I would love but never expected to get because my wedding set was already beautiful and perfect and more than I could have ever hoped for.
Plus, my wedding ring had to be made to fit with my engagement ring. After we got engaged I had to surrender my ring to the jewelry store so that they could make the band to match. Over the years I have always had my rings cleaned at the store where they were purchased-- usually whenever we were visiting Daniel's parents in Winston. Well, in February I sent my rings home with Daniel's parents to get them cleaned for me, knowing I would be without them for over a month. Which is sad, but SO worth it when they come back looking shiny and new.
While they were off getting cleaned my sweet husband called and had them custom make me a second wedding band! He gave it to me last night as a belated 5th anniversary gift/30th bday gift/just because I love you gift. I was stunned. Speechless. Shocked. ELATED. (Kind of makes Daniel's 5th anniversary gift from me seem a little less exciting, but we love Lucy).
Daniel has always been incredible at choosing jewelry for me. He has great taste, and puts a lot of thought into which pieces he chooses. I try, very hard, not to be materialistic or shallow but...I really love jewelry. The kind you will pass down to your kids one day, you know?
I know that I probably did not deserve this incredible piece of jewelry but I adore it. I am so humbled that he went to this trouble and expense to get me an unnecessary gift just because I wanted it and because he loves me enough to want me to have things like this.
Love you Daniel.
Wow! It's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! Think you can talk Michael into getting me the 2nd band for the wedding? I'm not patient enough to wait 5 years!
ReplyDelete