8.30.2009

My Life

I have never understood why people blog. I originally thought that it was similar to randomly posting your diary or journal online for the world to see. That officially describes my worst nightmare--all of my innermost thoughts and feelings exposed. But, I realize now that a blog is completely what you make of it. So, here goes- welcome to my blog and welcome to my life. The purpose of this blog is to better stay updated with friends and even family and to document this new and bizarre phase of my life--my first pregnancy.

As of today I am 22.5 weeks pregnant, our baby boy, Carver Jacob Redding, is due Dec. 30. I think everyone understands and expects that children change your life, but I always thought you still had 9 months or so to mentally/physically/emotionally prepare. Not so. Life changes as soon as you get the news of the pregnancy. And everything is turned upside-down from there.

So, here goes. My attempt at documenting the perfect imperfection of my life. The good and the bad (though likely altered to be fit for public consumption), all of the imperfect moments that mold together to create this life of mine. We'll see how this goes...

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you finally started a blog, and that I finally found it... it makes me feel complete that you have one :-)

    ReplyDelete