The hardest part of Covid and quarantining for me has been not really being able to take the boys out of the house to do things. We have done some outdoor things for sure- but usually things like hiking or playing in a creek. Good things, but there are so many other things I like to do with them, especially in the summer, that we just haven't been able to do.
One day in July I found a groupon for a gem mining spot about an hour from the house. The boys love gem mining. This seemed like a safe, socially distanced activity that we could do- so we went!
We had a really good day. We headed out in the late morning and grabbed an early lunch at the Culver's drive-thru. (Culver's is delicious by the way). Then we headed to the gem mine. I will say that this particularly one was not my favorite location. We also go to one in Emerald Village on the Blue Ridge Parkway and I think the drive and location is prettier and feels more like a gem mine. But the one we went to was still so much fun. The boys each got their own 2.5 gallon bucket and found quite a lot of gems, and even a few sharks teeth.
It was a day that was good for my heart. Out of the house, doing a planned activity, spending time off screens and together 💕





No comments:
Post a Comment