12.30.2013

Fall Phone Dump

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. Every time Fall arrives I say it is my favorite time of year...then Spring comes and I say the same thing. But, I love Fall. LOVE.

I love the cooler weather.

I love the changing of the leaves.

I love the colorful sunsets.

And I love Fall activities.

Here are some of the random things we did this Fall season.

In September we headed to Nana and Papa's house for a fun weekend. The main attraction-- Thomas the Train! The boys loved it.







Carson got his first temporary tattoo. He hated it :)



Grandmama sent Carver a couple of packages this Fall. He was SO excited...


Carson developed a love of stealing my drinks. He even likes coffee....


We made Cinnamon Spice Play-doh-- my favorite!




We have been letting the boys take baths with glow sticks every now and then. It is a great fall/winter easy activity-- it works best when it is very dark and in the summers, the boys are in bed before it gets totally dark. They love doing this and it is super cheap to pick up packs of glow sticks from Walmart and let them play in the tub.


I stumbled across this curious combination and it was life-changing. Try it.


We made a nature collage while Cargy was napping one day!


And we spent a couple of evenings at camp-- the leaves are amazing out there.


In October my parents came up for a quick weekend visit. We headed to the pumpkin patch for the third year in a row-- it is becoming a family fall tradition.

Impossible to get a decent family picture.

On the hay ride with Grandmama.

Cargy and Granddaddy,





We headed to the Dillard House for lunch one day. The drive was beautiful and we love eating there and wandering around looking at the animals in the "farm zoo."





Playing outside on a cool night. The boys liked picking my flowers that are normally off limits (they were about to die from the upcoming cold weather anyway).


Jenny came for a visit. Yay!


And, just because he is cute....

Aunt Holly sent the boys a fun Halloween package and Carson was obsessed with these light up dinosaurs.


My cute lunch dates.

We went to a fun birthday party at the park. This is Eli, one of Carver's best friends!



In mid October I headed to Kansas City for a MOPS conference. 

 

A mashed potato bar!


Making some form of GAK....



We had a fun fall! Having kids is such a complex thing. They make days so much harder (let's be honest), but they also make them SO MUCH BETTER. I love getting to spend my days with them, planning activities and making the most of each season.

2 comments:

  1. It was such a disappointment that I couldn't pay you back for letting Julia have sips of coke (and letting her lick glasses) by doing the same for your boys, since they do it anyways. I waited for so long!

    ReplyDelete