Ten days in Florida, that's how we spent Spring Break this year. Daniel couldn't get away, so the boys and I headed down to spend some time with Grandmama and Granddaddy and we got to see Courtney's family as well-- bonus!
We spent the first weekend in Orlando. On Friday we headed to Downtown Disney, ate at the Rainforest Cafe (Carver loved it!), and then headed back to the hotel to swim. That night the boys and I met Brooke and her kids at Friday's for dinner. I love quick visits :)
 |
| Rainforest Cafe |
 |
| Julia was a good sport and rode the train with Carver so that I didn't have to. |
 |
| "Get off, Mommy!" Apparently he is ready to do rides without me. Sad day. |
 |
| A little swimming at the hotel pool. |
 |
| Carson loved it! |
 |
| Riley did not love it. |
 |
| Warming up in a safe, happy, place after the pool trauma. |
At 5:00 am on Saturday we woke up to Carver vomiting in bed (beside me). So off to urgent care we went. $100 and a prescription for Zofran later and we were off to Universal Citywalk for lunch at Bubba Gump's and a little window shopping. That night, Courtney, Michael, and Julia were headed out to a concert, so Mom, Dad, the boys, and I headed to babysit Riley at their hotel room. We let Carver swim for a bit, then ate dinner poolside and enjoyed the incredible weather.
 |
| One of my favorites. |
 |
| Dinner by the pool! Carver had goldfish and and water. Still recovering from the stomach issues. |
On Easter Sunday we woke up early, packed our stuff, and headed to Bartow. The plan was to go to my home church there but the boys were still acting a little off (Carson had some weird eye issue going on) so we decided not to contaminate the nursery there. We ate lunch at the Bartow Country Club (Woohoo!) and then headed to the house for some Easter festivities.
 |
| Carson's weird eye stuff. The picture is blurry but they were TERRIBLE. Allergies? No idea. Went away a couple of days later. |
 |
| Helping Granddaddy pack up and load up the cars. |
Julia and Carver shared the Easter story with us through the use of Resurrection Eggs (which I love-- great teaching tool for kids). Then the kids enjoyed their Easter baskets. I LOVE putting together baskets, it is one of my favorite things.
 |
| It is so very hard to get a picture of all these kids. Julia is a saint for being patient. |
 |
| The best I could do to get a picture with both boys. Carver was, as usual, not cooperating. |
 |
| Grandmama and Granddaddy with the youngest babies. |
 |
| Love this one. |
 |
| Easter Baskets! |
 |
| He was pretty excited. |
We did a quick "hay ride" in my dad's truck to feed the goats and cows. Carver LOVED it. We need to do this every time we are home.
Side note: Mom, I want a cow. Isn't it sad I have never had a cow? Lyle has cows. Julia has cows. Me? No cow. I want a cow!
 |
| This one, in the middle, is Daniel's little orphan calf. Her mama died a few months ago. (See her story here). |
Then Carson and I took a nap in my my grandmother's old recliner (so nostalgic for me) and when we woke up we headed to Sonny's for dinner. I knew as soon as I sat down at the restaurant that I was not going to make it through dinner so Daddy drove me home. I spent the next several hours vomiting in the bathroom or lying on the floor wishing for quick death.
Alas, I survived. Love my firstborn for sharing his germies with me.
Monday was a little tricky. I was still recovering but it was our last day to spend with Courtney's family. I rested most of the day then we went to Legoland for a few hours that afternoon. It is super fun for Carver's age-- a lot of rides and activities. I hope to go back one day when I am not so miserable.
 |
| A second attempt at pictures of the cousins. |
 |
| Why won't you hold me??? |
 |
| Oh yes, I rode around in a wheelchair. |
On Tuesday we had a quick Easter egg hunt with the kids before Courtney and her family headed out. (Couldn't fit it in on Sunday) Then we went to feed the ducks at Lake Morton.
 |
| Yes, he is wearing his pajamas. Don't judge. |
 |
| Carson and Uncle Michael. |
 |
| He loves this. |
 |
| Sorry son, ducks do not come when called. |
On Wednesday we did something fun... but I can't remember specifically what it was.
 |
| Carson did not want to take a nap. So he pulled various items into his bed. |
On Thursday the boys and I headed to Winter Springs to visit our friends Courtney and Darin and their sweet girl Whitney. Carver LOVES visiting Whitney. She is his best friend. (And I love that girl too--so much) Or at least the friend he talks about A LOT. No pictures from that quick visit but it is
always worth it to see them. Even if only for 1 night.
On Saturday we headed to the zoo! One of my favorite Florida activities. Carver loved it, the weather was perfect and it was a great day.
 |
| We saw the new baby! |
.JPG) |
| First time riding on rides alone. I can't believe it. |
.JPG) |
| If a nice zoo employee wearing waders wasn't about 1 foot away from him at all times, he would not have been doing this ride alone. He didn't hesitate for a second to climb in all alone. My brave boy. |
On Sunday we spent some time at the park in Lakeland.
And throughout the week Carver got to "work" with the goats and cows.
 |
| Carver needs boots! |
I love that we had a long visit in Florida, and that my boys got to spend some quality time with my parents-- especially my dad, he just doesn't get to see them (or me) enough.
 |
| Setting up the train table. |
 |
| and playing with the new racetrack. |
 |
| Glow in the dark egg hunt. This was super fun! |
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics and the trip! We have to plan more. And I don't have a cow either, you know. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for more trips!!! Let's plan. :)
DeleteIt was a great spring break and so much fun having you and Courtney and your families here. Sorry everyone couldn't stay longer, or just live here. That would be even better. :) I love the pictures, and don't forget, I want some of them.
ReplyDeleteAnd did you forget about Daisy???