I'm playing catch up this week. We had Carver's birthday party up in Baltimore this year and it was super fun. Bugs, bugs everywhere for this party! This party was a little bittersweet for me. I think it will be the last "just family" party for Carver. Next year we'll start having parties with his (and our) friends, which I am VERY excited about-- but I have loved these last three years of parties with our families. They have been such sweet times together, loving on Carver and celebrating this precious boy.
We arrived in Baltimore on December 26th and jumped right into decorating and cooking for the party. Daniel drove up with us but was flying home the next morning so the party had to be the same night we arrived. We were rushed and it was a little crazy but my mom and sis were super helpful getting everything ready.
And, I was pleased with how it all turned out :)
 |
| Julia entertained Carson some while we were setting up for the party. |
 |
| Carson and Riley got acquainted-- they really liked each other :) |
 |
| I can't get enough of this sweet girl. Love. |
 |
| Carson and his Daddy. |
 |
| Lantern, magnifying glass, Bug book-- party decorations. |
 |
| This year we let someone else do the work-- all decorations were from a shop on Etsy. Loved them. |
 |
| "Bugs in a blanket" |
 |
| I am three-- and still use a pacifier. Awesome. |
 |
| Granddaddy, Carson, and Daniel |
 |
| The Spread. |
 |
| On the menu: "Ants on a Log," crab and cucumber crackers, apples and apple dip, bacon wrapped little smokies, mini turkey sandwiches, buffalo chicken dip, and sausage balls. |
 |
| Cupcakes! |
 |
| Sneaking a taste. |
 |
| Happy Birthday to this sweet boy! |
 |
| His favorite part of the party. |
 |
| Granddaddy and Cargy |
 |
| Time for presents. |
 |
| The beloved shopping cart. |
 |
| Chatting (rather emphatically) with Alex. |
 |
New trains from Grandmama and Granddaddy.
|
I loved this party. I thought the decorations turned out so well, the food was fun, the company was perfect. I love celebrating this boy!
And, I already have ideas for Carson's first birthday rolling around in my head. Having TWO boys to plan parties for is a little overwhelming.
But, I love it.
I loved his birthday party! The food and decorations were perfect and it was so much fun. You have a talent for planning great birthday parties, that's for sure. I really will miss the family parties, but he'll love the ones with friends too. Can't wait for Cargy's first party. :) Love the pictures, too!
ReplyDelete