7.24.2012

Father's Day

Clearly, I am super behind in updating the blog...




This year was an extra significant Father's Day for Daniel, at least I hope it was :) We were newly a family of four, which I think made the day extra special. We were together getting to bond with this new precious boy of ours and Daniel was officially a father for the second time. It was tricky to do any major celebrating that day with camp in full swing, and life unpredictable at home....

though it was a BIG day for both us and the boys-- we had Carver and Carson dedicated during the Sunday morning service.

I've been frustrated that we hadn't participated in a dedication for Carver previously, but I actually like that it worked out for us to do them together. It was a memorable moment, where we, as parents, publicly affirmed our commitment to raising our children to love the Lord, to honor Him, to live for Him, to love others, and to really focus on bringing them up as Christians.






We are so thankful that God has blessed us with these boys and we both take this huge responsibility very seriously. It often feels overwhelming and I wish I didn't make so many mistakes-- but at the end of the day, the most important thing we hope to instill in our boys is to love and serve the Lord. What else really matters?


I am so thankful that Carver and Carson have such a incredible father. I am thankful that Daniel picked me, that we love each other, that we share these amazing kids, that we are committed to our marriage and to this task of parenting, and that we are a team in all of this craziness.

I am thankful for the example that Daniel will set for them. I am thrilled that I married someone who can build anything, fix anything, and do just about anything. I am excited that Daniel's wealth of knowledge of so many things will be passed on to the boys.

The summers are incredibly long. We spend very little time with Daniel, and it is sometimes a struggle not to resent how little time we really have together. But when I struggle I am reminded of how many things we have to be thankful for. I know that Daniel works so hard to provide for us, but more importantly, he is continually committed to answering the call that God has placed on his life-- ministering in exactly this way. So, when I am frustrated, or overwhelmed, or just really miss him, I know that it is ultimately for a greater good.

Daniel is a blessing to all of us-- we are lucky, really, really lucky.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, nothing else matters.Matthew 6:33
    I'm so proud of you and the wonderful job that you are doing in raising your boys. It will be exciting to watch as they grow and develop, and see where God is leading you and your family.
    I love you! Mama

    ReplyDelete