11.28.2011

23 Months


Just a few short weeks before the baby turns 2. I can't believe it. I'm a little sentimental about it, but more so I am so very excited to see what this next phase will bring. I love watching Carver learn new things, pick up new tricks and idiosyncrasies, develop skills and personality quirks. He is an incredible joy, a big ball of energy, and a beautiful mess. He makes me laugh and he drives me crazy.

He's perfect.

Onto the final "monthly" blog update:

1) Verbal skills are increasing rapidly. Carver "talks" all the time, most of which we still can't identify but he is adding additional words and using some words with more frequency. He has started saying "Mama" regularly, which he hasn't done in about a year, and he says "hi" every single time someone walks into a room. Both of these words, of course, he has been saying for over a year-- but now he uses them all the time. His new favorite words are "I stuck"-- also his first 2-word phrase. He says it when he is "stuck" in his highchair or stroller, etc.

2) Carver is becoming much more steady on his feet. There has been a noticeable reduction in injuries recently, though he usually still has a bump or bruise somewhere at all times. He runs more than he walks, and continues to love to play outside more than anything else.

3) Sleeping patterns are a little unpredictable. He sleeps around 11 or so hours at night, and about 3 hours for his nap each afternoon. Hoping this doesn't change anytime soon.

4) He loves to be held, and especially rocked in the glider. He is super affectionate and likes to hug and give pats on the back.

5) Still in love with his pacifier. We'll be saying goodbye to those shortly. Not excited about what will happen at naptime and bedtime without them.

6) Carver loves Buddy Fruit pouches.

7) He survived his first attack by another toddler at the nursery last week. Two bites in about an hour-- one on each wrist. He was a complete wreck when we went to pick him up.

Much has been consistent over the last few months so there is not quite as much to report this time. Birthday party planning is in full swing and we are super excited to turn his car seat around in a few short weeks. Otherwise, I could do without the little one getting any older. But, since I can't freeze time I might as well enjoy what is to come.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see y'all and celebrate his birthday! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas and birthday soon! It will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete