
This year our good friends Darin, Courtney and their little one, Whitney came up to spend the weekend with us. Court and I had started planning this weekend about 4 months ago and it turned out to be the perfect way to celebrate Carver and Whitney's first "real" holiday. (I don't count last Christmas really, though Carver had arrived, since neither of us were very conscious or aware at that time).

Courtney and Darin are a perfect match for us. Court and I are like twins separated at birth-- in a spiritual sense, clearly not a physical one... But we are so much alike. We have even managed to handle the whole motherhood thing in practically identical ways. It's crazy how similar we are.
You would think that adding a second baby to our house would make for a chaotic weekend but it was so easy to have them here. Whitney is a tiny, precious, calm baby who tolerated Carver and all of his craziness very well. Even when he crawled up to her, shoved her over, and kept right on going. (Thoughts of my precious boy turning into a bully went flying through my head). I love, love, love it that Courtney seems totally at ease here...fixing dinner one night, always helping clean up, etc. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy and such.




A huge positive part of this relationship is that Daniel and Darin get along so well. They played golf and watched football and kept the kiddos for us so Court and I could take a much needed break. I am so thankful that they have become friends.
We spent the weekend just catching up, playing with the kids, cooking meals together, eating BBQ, visiting Babyland General, carving pumpkins, and dressing the kids up in matchy matchy clothes. I loved every minute of it.



The downside of course, is that I felt that much lonelier when Courtney left. I have tried and tried to talk her into moving up here. I mean, there are houses available right here in our little neighborhood. We could be together all the time. And, you know, Demorest has so much to offer....
Maybe one day.
I can't wait until we get to see them all again. And I especially can't wait to plan our first family vacation together. I have no idea where we will go but it doesn't really matter. We always have a perfect visit when we get to be together.


** Special thanks to Court for bringing fun Halloween clothes for Carver: cute pajamas, onesie and bib! I loved that the kids matched :)
Really cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteL.O.V.E. the pics. Glad you liked the bib and socks. They dinosaur costume is hysterical and adorable. And I think in the matching pajamas picture Carver is choking Whitney the way you say Lyle used to choke you! Funny!
ReplyDeletethat dragon/dinosaur costume is pretty awesome!
ReplyDeleteVery fun weekend indeed... Too bad we don't get to do that more often... Just got to figure out a way to beat Darin in golf eventually...
ReplyDelete